In this post, we share details on five date ideas in Singapore.
If you are anything like me, you watched Crazy Rich Asians and can’t wait to get to Singapore! Many years ago, I backpacked around Southeast Asia, and Singapore was one of my stops. I had a great time, but I was young, single, and on a tight budget. I can’t wait to go back with the hubs! So much so that I’ve already started researching. Here are the five dates that we plan to have:
- Go on a Blind Date
- Live it up in the State of Fun
- Explore the Garden by the Bay
- Take in the Views from a Donut
- Do a Hawker Food Tour
Go On A Blind Date
Sometimes in life, we take things for granted things like our vision. When you dine in the dark, you get to experience what it’s like to be blind or visually impaired. While you’ll likely walk away from the experience with a new appreciation for your vision, there is also another benefit. Your senses will be highly heightened as a result of dining in the dark. So basically, the food will taste amazing x2!
The dining hosts are blind or visually impaired. So they are well experienced for guiding you through the entire experience. You are served a three-course meal with four dishes per course for a whopping total of 12 dishes! I can’t imagine anyone leaving this place still hungry. When you are finished eating, you return to the lounge to see pictures of the food you ate, ask any additional questions, and gather your belongings.
I don’t know about you, but I am so excited to try this date idea!
- Category: Romantic
- Cost: $88+ Singapore Dollars
- Website: Nox Dine In The Dark
- Social: IG: @NoxDineInTheDark
Live It Up At The State of Fun
Every relationship needs a healthy dose of fun! In Singapore, you can be sure to get your fill at Sentosa, aka The State of Fun. It is a sunny island, fifteen minutes outside of Central Singapore. There are over 34 attractions ranging from adventure, beach, shows, iconic sites, museums, trails, nature, and wildlife. You don’t even have to splurge here to have a good time; ten of the attractions are free!
Let’s talk beaches…
If you want to get your tan and swim on, there are three beaches to enjoy. Each one has its own vibe, and they are all free. Siloso is Singapore’s hippest beach and the place to be if you want a little excitement with your beach day. There are activities such as skim-boarding, cycling, rollerblading, and kayaking. When night hits, Siloso comes alive even more with music, parties, and bars and bar restaurants.
If tranquility and solitude are more your speed, then head to Tanjong Beach. Beach, Breeze, and Books by day and romance by night with the twinkling lights of the nearby ships providing a dreamy backdrop.
The third beach is Palawan. It is linked by a suspension bridge to Southernmost Point of Continental Asia, aka Asia’s closest point to the Equator. It’s known to be the happiest beach but its very family and kid-friendly. So beware if that’s not the vibe that you are going for.
Now for adventure…
With 16 of the 34 attractions at Sentosa falling in the adventure category, you can safely assume that there will be no shortage of thrills. You can bungy jump from the 50 meter high AJ Hackett Bungy Tower, catch the breeze in the Giant Swing that pushes you towards the beach at 120 km/h, go on a Segway Eco Adventure, get your VR on at HeadRock VR and you can even fly at IFLY Singapore!
There are four shows at Sentosa, ranging from mechanical cranes falling in love to water cannons, flaming dragons, and laser special effects coming together in a choreographed masterpiece by Emmy award winner, Jeremy Railton.
In addition to all the attractions to choose from at Sentosa, you also have your pick of six hotels, eight restaurants and two spas.
Basically, you can stay at Sentosa all day if you want. Have fun!
Explore The Garden By The Bay
Gardens by the Bay consistently ranks as the number one attraction in Singapore on TripAdvisor, more than 15 million people have visited, it’s the world’s top 20 most checked-in place on Facebook, and it contains 1,500,000 plants. Are you feeling FOMO, or is that just me?! lol
There are eight major attractions at Gardens by the Bay; Floral Fantasy, Serene Garden, Supertree Grove, OCBC Skyway, Cloud Forest, Art Sculptures, Dragonfly, and Kingfisher Lakes, Bay East Garden and the famous Flower Dome. Even if you don’t make it to each attraction, be sure to see The Flower Dome on your visit! It’s gorgeous and recognized by Guinness World Records as the world’s largest glasshouse in the world!
- Category: Romantic
- Cost: $20-28 Singapore Dollars
- Website: Gardens By The Bay
- Social: Facebook: GardensByTheBay IG: @GardensByTheBay
Take In The Views From A Floating Donut
Have you ever seen a boat in the shape of a donut? There is one in Singapore, and it will take you around Marina Bay. You’ll get to see the cityscape while hearing the sounds of the water and feeling the gentle breeze of the wind all while enjoying a good drink or meal. No worries if you want to skip the food, you can still enjoy the experience by booking a drink only cruise or the Karaoke cruise.
Yes, it can get very hot in Singapore, so the boat has UV sunshades and a built-in fan!
- Category: Romantic
- Cost: $20-299 Singapore Dollars
- Website: Floating Donut Cruise
- Social: IG: @flodoco_sg
Hawker Food Tour
Two of the best things about traveling are experiencing how other cultures live and trying the food. In Singapore, you’ll find open food markets all over the city where locals hang and grub on delicious local dishes for super affordable prices. You can head there on your own and create your own food tour or sign up with one of the many tour companies that offer them. But whatever you do, be sure to take advantage of the opportunity to have Michelin star food for under five dollars.
Both Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle and Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles were awarded a Michelin Star for excellence in eating. There are several Hawker food stands throughout Singapore. Here’s how to get to Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles. The Facebook page for Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle provides location and menu information.
I don’t know about you, but now I’m hungry. Lol. Can our trip to Singapore come already.
- Category: Budget
- Cost: $2 USD and up
Other Date Ideas To Consider
- Learn to Make A Singaporean Meal With FatFuku
- See Some Animals at the Singapore Night Safari
- Enjoy Views and Cocktails at Smoke and Mirrors
- Dance The Night Away at 1-Altitude
- Enjoy the sunsets from The Lantern Bar
- Destroy Pent Up Frustrations at The Fragment Room
- Enjoy Fresh Seafood at a Floating Restaurant, Smith Marine Kelong
- Relive Your Childhood Memories at Mind Cafe
- Singapore’s Changi Airport is consistently ranked as one of the best in the world. Get there early and enjoy!
- There is a very high tax on alcohol in Singapore. Save money by going to Happy Hour!
- Carry a small umbrella. While there is summer weather year-round in Singapore, the rain is incredibly unpredictable. It can go from sunny skies to a downfall of rain in a matter of minutes. For all my natural hair beauties, this is the perfect trip for a protective style!
- Be mindful of the laws! You can be fined for things like spitting in the street or putting a cigarette butt into a drain.
- Singapore has one of the world’s most efficient public transportation systems. If you want to save time and money, consider taking public transportation!
- Tipping is not customary or expected. But of course, it is always appreciated!
That’s all for now, folks! Please let us know in the comments if you plan or have tried any of these date ideas.